Close Search Button

Your Journey

Visas and Study Permits

Entry Visas

Citizens of certain countries and territories will require a visa to visit Canada. For a full list of countries whose citizens require visas to enter Canada as visitors, please visit


Study Permit

Information on the required permits and visas for studying in Canada can be found here.

Applicants for a study permit will need to provide:

  • A valid passport;

  • Proof of acceptance from Queen's University (in the form of a letter of admission to Queen's);

  • Evidence of adequate funds to cover the cost of living expenses for the student and any dependents coming to Canada. Evidence includes personal bank statements and/or letters pledging financial support, from family or other sponsors;

  • Any further documents required by the applicant's visa office;

  • A medical examination may also be required.

A Study Permit is needed to work on campus, regardless of the length of study period. Exchange students may not work off-campus.